Monday, November 10, 2008

Taking in a moment

So tonight I decided to FINALLY make homemade playdoh for Lexi. I told her boon ages ago I would it on a rainy day, etc., but for the past few days she keeps asking me about making playdoh, so I thought let's do it tonight! So I turned on KROC FM and was dancing around the kitchen making playdoh. She came in when it was time to mix the colors in with it. She let me do it because she saw her fingers turn color and she can be a little finicky when it comes to her getting "dirty". So she started playing with it and it was just fun to watch her. I then decided to make some cookies too, so I took the already made ready to put in the oven chocolate chunk cookies out and made those too. It was just simply fun and nice to watch her and take in the moment and "get it". It was an hour I was totally focused on her and the time we were playing and have our time. What a great feeling and a great end to a night.

So a side thought. Lexi will be 3 in Feb. and she's so funny and articulate (pround mom bragging). We have the Curious George movie in the van that we watch all the time when we're in the van. So junior is a not-so-nice guy. Lexi's in the mode where there are bad people and good people now, so junior is a bad guy. So she announced that when he wasn't being very nice and Brian said he's not a bad guy, but just not nice...or something to that effect. Then Lexi said "daddy you're crazy, he's a bad guy dad....your crazy daddy." I LOVE THAT GIRL!! She's just an innocent full of life girl. Love it!! It's going to be funny hearing what Wy has to say when he gets talking :) Apparently at daycare then she was "talking on the phone" and kept saying daddy's crazy...daddy's crazy....mommy's crazy" Too funny! That's what we get for teaching her that word. So if you know her and she ever tells you you're crazy, it really means you're silly, goofy, etc. Not that you belong in the looney bin or anything, haha.

No comments: