Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One day at a time…I know you’ve heard it before, but this little statement has really helped me throughout the last year…and today, too!! Lower the bar, too! When it comes to placing expectations on yourself, simply don’t!! Simplify…

So I love this quote that a dear friend of mine and my husbands (he was originally my husband's friend, that's how I met him and am grateful I did), anyway, he lost his incredibly awesome wife unexpectedly a year ago in October and e-mailed me the quote above to actually pass on to my dad, but what a great saying for everything in life and yes of course of the reason he sent it to me, in dealing with loss of a loved one.

So don't you love the innocence and simplicity of a child's mind. Yesterday was a hard day for me at church as it was All Saints Day. Church has been and will be for a very long time the hardest place for me to go to since losing mom. Church, God, her faith, christianity was so important to her and made my mom the woman she was. She was very active in church singing in the choir, being active on many counsels and groups. So she was the main reason, besides God of course, for me going to church. Anyways, we went yesterday as they did something special for those who have past in the last year for All Saints Day. When you went up for communion, you lit a candle in remembrance of those you've lost. I had no idea it was going to have the effect that it did on me. I went up to take communion, say her name, with others, on a banner and got teary eyed remembering her funeral as it was the same church of course. Then lighting the candle and realizing why I was doing it, hit me. I went back to the pew and lost it a little, tried to sing the closing hymn and couldn't. However, while I was in the middle of this emotion our friends were sitting in front of us with their children and they have 3 beautiful girls, the youngest just turned 2 and is very lively and wonderful. She was looking at me and being all cute and we were "playing" a little. I love that though we, as adults, go through so much emotion with all the responsibility we now have in our lives, what we've been through, what we've learned so far, that kids keep it real, simple, and enjoyable. So a huge thank you to Ava who helped me get through the tough moment in church and realize so much through just a little game of peeks.

So moving on from the emotional stuff :) Check out my Stampin' Up! website, http://www.lynnae.stampinup.net This is very exciting for me to get back in the game of stamping. I also am waiting for my wonderful husband to find the software, or whatever you call it, for me to download my pics of cards and crafts. So hang in there with me. Once I get that, I hope to post things at least twice a week.

Take care, happy stamping, and as per my blog logo, carpe diem.

No comments: