Monday, September 15, 2008

So I'm an addict when it comes to reading/viewing blog sites of people I know or ones I find through hobbies I love. One site I just read was of an inspiring woman, Stephanie Nielsen, of which I found her blog (http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/) through portabellopixie (http://www.portabellopixie.typepad.com/), a wonderful blog of a talented woman who designs fabric and has many wonderful projects and patterns I envy! Stephanie sounds to be the mother I hope to be and to become. Tragically she and her husband were in a private plan crash which left her in critical condition, with 80% of her body burned and her husband with 30% of his body burned. They have four children and by reading her blog, her sister's blog (http://blog.cjanerun.com/), and hearing her siblings on the Today Show, it made me realize how important family is and how to Carpe Diem, "Seize the Day" of life and to do that the way you would want to be remembered and how you would want to live!

I am also inspired by my mom, LaRae Fisher, who was in a car accident January 24, 2008, and passed January 26, 2008, from injuries. She was such an inspiration to so many, especially me! She was my best friend, my go to person. She knew everything about me, 98% of the skeletons in my closet, and she still loved me unconditionally. I could talk to her about everything, random thoughts, stuff about the kids, complaints about work or my hubby (yes, believe it or not, haha), good news about anything. I could count on her 24/7 for everything and anything. This als0 makes me realize how dependent I was on her, but in talking with others, I guess I was just being a daughter and proving that a mother's job of being a mom never ends. We all, my brothers and I, said how she is the rock of the family. Several months after she past a guy from Stewartville who knows my parents even said how she was the rock, so that was so awesome for me to hear that someone who wasn't necessarily talking about the family, but just her in things she did daily, was a rock. This proves once again, Carpe Diem, and be the person you want to be and can be. Unfortunately my eyes are opening for the first time to so many things in life since she's been gone. This is a good and bad thing. Good because it's probably made me a tad bit more indepedent and made me grow up a bit (who am I kidding, that may never happen), but it is kind-of bad, because I feel like I may have put too much on her rather than helping her in some instances, when she was again the rock for the family and other groups she was. But again, do I regret anything, not really, other than I should have stepped up more, but again (again) it's making me realize more now, and I am hoping I am stepping up more now......I think....probably should ask my husband, ha! It also made me aware of what others really do go through to lose loved ones and although it does eventually happen, I wish it wouldn't because it sucks! Last week my great aunt passed away of a heart attack at the age of 86, now after losing my mom I can somewhat understand what her family is going through (although every individual is different from how their loved one passes) and it makes me very heart broken for them. Images of them getting the phone call, going through the steps of planning things, trying to figure out what needs to be done, etc., and then settling down and realizing things, it's a hard time and my heart goes out for them. I especially think of her husband, of I believe 62 years or so, as he was with her when she passed, in fact she fell on him from what I hear, and what he will be going through. I just have to pray for him and the family.

Whew so reading this, sorry to have babbled. My point to starting this blog is to share my thoughts (I will apologize now if I ever get carried away, haha) and my family of whom I love so amazingly deeply! We'll see how this goes, if anyone reads this cheers to you. If not, then I'll be using this as a life journal for thoughts, funny things my kids do/say, happenings with myself and family, and maybe even pics of my creative outlets (if I actually finish my projects).

So cheers!!

No comments: